CALL FOR INTERNSHIP APPLICATIONS, JUNE 2015
Internships – Organisational development
Employer: Cambodian Defenders Project
Available positions: 1-3
Length: 2-6 months, to be mutually agreed
Starting date: as soon as possible
Working hours: 8:00-12:00, 14:00-17:30
Location: HouseNo.B9S, Sorla Street, Sangkat Stung Meanchey, Phnom Penh
Cambodian Defenders Project (CDP) is a legal aid organisation providing free legal assistance to the poor and vulnerable. It is one of Cambodia’s oldest NGOs. CDP is seeking one or more qualified interns to join our Executive Administration team. The purpose of the internships is to provide opportunities for individuals to substantively contribute to and learn from our work. The intern will be given specific tasks and responsibilities and will be challenged to develop their capabilities and gain experience. Interns will have the chance to gain professional experience and transferable skills in organisational development.
- draft funding proposals
- assist the Executive Director in organising donor meetings and preparing required materials
- prepare materials for and update the CDP website
- engage on social media platforms
- update a legal database using Microsoft Access and train local staff in using the Access program
- other tasks as required.
- familiarity with updating websites and using social media
- excellent organisational and communication skills
- written and spoken fluency in English
- knowledge of Microsoft Access is desirable
- a degree in Law or Media related subjects preferable
CONDITIONS: Internships are voluntary and unpaid. A shared office space, computer, desk and access to the internet will be provided. A professional reference will be provided on completion of internship. Interns are wholly responsible for all costs related to health, accommodation and visa expenses.
CONTACT: To apply, please send a cover letter and CV specifying your main skills and interests to David Mol at: firstname.lastname@example.org